Tuesday 31 August 2010

Paul's blog: The bike goes to Jersey

Waiting at the ferry taking the bike over to Jersey for energy efficient customer care!

 Yamaha 600 XJN, I'm going to leave it at the airport so I don't need to get picked up so we can save time, money, and fuel!












My mission that day was to assist Dave (REE) set up the controls for the Mitsubishi Ground Source Heat Pump (first in Channel Islands), which got quite intense resolving issues such as finding the supposed internal logic that was to provide a delay to the ground loop pump interlock. Mits Tech told us they weren’t sure what the delay was, but we found there was none. This means we have to go back again and wire in our own timers. Issue was that the modulating start-up fed back and shut down the system before the ground loop pump had a chance to operate the interlock!

I was also due to go and see a client the other side of the island. The sun was to shine at the weekend, it did! However x amount of rain fell in x hours and i was in it. I would have been better off with a kayak. At one point i was riding down a river 100mm deep the length the road as far as i could see, and every 20 metres or so the water piled up in deep parts of the road to half a metre.

I got to town by the seat of my (wet) pants and i turned right, into relative dryness, and the water turned left. I windered where the hell it went. Next day i read the paper and saw the flooded homes.

Paul 

1 comment: